THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF SALE WILL APPLY TO AND BIND THE PURCHASER OF ANY DESCRIBED PRODUCT AND SERVICE IN THE WEBSITE.
This is an IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ EXCLUSION OF LIABILTY – WAIVER OF RIGHT TO SUE- YOUR ASSUMPTION OF RISK – THESE CONDITIONS AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS!
Funtopia World Australia is the supplier of recreational and entertainment services and facilities, including but not limited to wall climbing and soft play equipment rental, the conditions, layout, construction, design and maintenance of the Funtopia World Australia facilty. Using the Funtopia World Australia facility is undertaken in accordance with the rules and conditions provided in this document and in safety briefings.
BY PURCHASING A TICKET FOR OR BY USING ANY OF THE FACILITIES AT FUNTOPIA WORLD AUSTRALIA VENUE, THE CUSTOMER AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESES CONDITIONS:
1. Funtopia World Australia, its employees, directors and agents are not liable to the customer, his or her dependents or legal representatives for personal injury or death suffered by the customer because the recreational activities were not supplied with due care and skill or were not reasonably fit for their purpose or because of the negligence, breach of contract, statute or statutory duty by Funtopia World Australia.
2. The customer acknowledges that the recreational activities are dangerous with inherent risks and hazards and as a consequence personal injury and sometimes death can occur and the customer assumes and accepts all such risks and hereby waives the right to sue Funtopia World Australia for any personal injury or death in any way whatsoever caused by or arising from the customer’s participation in such activities.
3. RISK WARNING: If you participate in these activities your rights to sue the supplier under the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012 if you are killed or injured because the activities were not supplied with due care and skill or were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in paragraphs 1 and 2 of this sign.
PLEASE NOTE: The change to your rights, as set in this form, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the suppliers part. Gross negligence, in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission. See regulation 5 of the Australian ConsumerLaw & Fair Trading Regulations 2012 and section 23(3)(b) of the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012.
4. The customer agrees to pay the cost of and authorises Funtopia World Australia to take all steps it considers reasonably necessary to protect his/her welfare in the event of personal injury, including the administration of any emergency medical treatment and ambulance transportation.
5. Children must be at least 1 years of age to use the facilities at Funtopia World Australia, and when less than 10 years of age, be supervised by a responsible adult. Where you are responsible for such children you agree to be bound by these conditions on their behalf and you will directly supervise them at all times.
6. Participants must be in good health and free from any adverse medical conditions. For safety reasons, pregnant women, customers with pre-existing health issues or wearing casts are not permitted on ropes course, dodgem drift cars and climbing walls. If in doubt please seek medical advice.
7. While in the Funtopia World Australia venue you consent to images and video being taken for security or promotional purposes of yourself, your children or of children for whom you are responsible.
8. All tickets remain the property of Funtopia World Australia and cannot be transferred or resold. They are valid only for the date and time booked and are void if tampered with.
9. The customer must comply with all signs or other directions of Funtopia World Australia and it may suspend or cancel the customer’s access to recreational activities at the Funtopia World Australia venue in its absolute discretion for non compliance with these conditions, or for reckless or careless conduct.
10. If you purchase a ticket for the use of the dodgem drift cars, arcade, ropes course, climbing walls, or any other facilities at the Funtopia World Australia venue on behalf of another person, you agree that you make that purchase as the authorised agent of that person so that he/she will be bound by these conditions.
11. This agreement:
a. Is governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, the Courts of which shall have exclusive jurisdiction, and
b. if any part or provision is determined by a Court to be invalid or unenforceable all other parts and provisions shall still be given full legal force and effect
1. Your order must contain your name, number, email address, credit card details and any other information required by our website. Confirmation of your order will be sent to you via email.
2. Bookings are transferable but not refundable. In order to transfer your booking, you need to contact our team 24 hours prior to the booking.
PLAYGROUND WORLD SAFETY RULES
To have a funbelievable adventure in here you must follow some simple but important safety rules
- Socks must be worn – by children & adults. This is for hygiene & safety. No bare feet or shoes. If you don’t have socks or want a cooler, grippier socks come talk to our friendly staff about your Funtopian Footwear.
- Play in the areas appropriate for you – The main playground has many different skill levels & encourages ages 2 & above for all kinds of different adventures. Our Toddler arena is designed for children younger than two years. Toddlers m play in the main playground accompanied by a parent.
- Play within your skills – If you can’t reach it or climb it, then develop your skills on attractions more suited to your age & skill level.
- Adults are Funtopians Too – Playground world doesn’t discriminate so get in & play, just be aware of small children.
- Safety on Slides – slides are downward attractions, don’t climb up. When on your slides go down feet first in a sitting position one funtopian at a time with your arms crossed on your chest.
- Loose objects & Bling (Jewelry) – empty your pockets. Sharp or loose objects can damage you, your children & the equipment. Remove loose jewelry that may catch on netting or vinyl. We don’t want you to lose it or our treasure hunting staff may score some bounty.
- No Running or Rough Play – Funtopians are our family &want to have just as much fun as you so be aware of the small children around you.
- Do Not Climb on the Outside of the Attractions – There is enough climbing inside to keep you busy & it is designed to be safe & challenging so please do not climb netting, walls & supports.
- No Gum – Stay away from sticky situations & keep your gum out of the playground.
- No Food or Drinks in Play Areas.
- Wear Appropriate Clothing – hoodies & clothing with drawstrings can get caught in the play structure. We recommend you remove such items before you play.
- NO Bullying – As out of this world as our experience can be we are down to earth when it comes to bullying. Any child or adult who is observed bullying another child or adult will be asked to leave the centre. No Refunds will be provided
- Parents & Guardians (Funtopians one & all) – you are responsible for you children at ALL TIMES. Playground world provides a safe & secure Funbelievable environment to play, but it is your responsibility to be aware of your children’s location & behaviour.
If you notice anything else that brings you concern, please notify a Funtopian Staff Member.
BE SAFE ON YOUR FUNBELIEVABLE ADVENTURE!
CLIMBING WORLD SAFETY RULES
To have a funbelievable adventure in here you must follow some simple but important safety rules
- Please do not help yourself to a harness unless instructed by a Funtopia team member. We need to ensure your harness is the correct size for you and safe to be used.
- Please ensure that your harness is at belly button height, on tight and the correct way around with the black loop in front. Please approach a team member to double check your harness and ask for a helmet if you wish to wear one.
- Do not enter climbing unless you have had a full safety briefing.
- Do not enter climbing arena if you are pregnant or suffer from any physical injury or disability. Notify our staff and we will assist you and make sure it is safe for you to climb.
- Do not enter climbing without permission from a Funtopia staff member. Please get the attention of a staff member to recheck you in before you re-enter. This is to ensure your harness is on correctly.
- Once a Funtopian staff member has checked your harness and given you access to the arena then you are ready to climb. Approach the yellow gate in front of the wall. Clip your harness into the self-clip in device. If you have done so correctly, the gate should drop.
- We’re here to help! If you are struggling, unsure, or need motivation to climb then raise your hand in the air to grab the attention of a staff member to securely lock you in and support you on your climb.
- Check that the self clip-in device is closed and secure. You are now ready to climb. Remember to believe in yourself and achieve FUNbeliveable things.
- When you are climbing and feel you are ready to jump off the wall, please check below and ensure there is no one standing below. When safe to do, so push back off the wall with hands and feet and continue to do so until the self-descending system has safely lowered you to ground level.
- Simply connect the key back to the self-clip in device and off you go to the next wall.
- If there is no yellow gate up against the wall, this means that someone is already climbing this wall. Please step back and wait for them to finish their climb
- Please ensure you are properly dressed for climbing. No lanyards or chains around your neck. Close toed shoes are a must.
- Always be aware of climbers above your head that may be coming down.
- Never stand directly underneath a wall unless you are ready to climb it and it is safe to do so.
Funtopia Maribyrnong is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email, via our website www.funtopiaworld.com.au, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Funtopia Maribyrnong will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
98 Hampstead Road
(03) 9317 0413