TERMS AND PRIVACY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF SALE WILL APPLY TO AND BIND THE PURCHASER OF ANY DESCRIBED PRODUCT AND SERVICE IN THE WEBSITE.
This is an IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ EXCLUSION OF LIABILTY – WAIVER OF RIGHT TO SUE- YOUR ASSUMPTION OF RISK – THESE CONDITIONS AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS!
Funtopia World Australia is the supplier of recreational and entertainment services and facilities, including but not limited to wall climbing and soft play equipment rental, the conditions, layout, construction, design and maintenance of the Funtopia World Australia facilty. Using the Funtopia World Australia facility is undertaken in accordance with the rules and conditions provided in this document and in safety briefings.
BY PURCHASING A TICKET FOR OR BY USING ANY OF THE FACILITIES AT FUNTOPIA WORLD AUSTRALIA VENUE, THE CUSTOMER AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESES CONDITIONS:
1. Funtopia World Australia, its employees, directors and agents are not liable to the customer, his or her dependents or legal representatives for personal injury or death suffered by the customer because the recreational activities were not supplied with due care and skill or were not reasonably fit for their purpose or because of the negligence, breach of contract, statute or statutory duty by Funtopia World Australia.
2. The customer acknowledges that the recreational activities are dangerous with inherent risks and hazards and as a consequence personal injury and sometimes death can occur and the customer assumes and accepts all such risks and hereby waives the right to sue Funtopia World Australia for any personal injury or death in any way whatsoever caused by or arising from the customer’s participation in such activities.
3. RISK WARNING: If you participate in these activities your rights to sue the supplier under the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012 if you are killed or injured because the activities were not supplied with due care and skill or were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in paragraphs 1 and 2 of this sign.
PLEASE NOTE: The change to your rights, as set in this form, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the suppliers part. Gross negligence, in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission. See regulation 5 of the Australian ConsumerLaw & Fair Trading Regulations 2012 and section 23(3)(b) of the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012.
4. The customer agrees to pay the cost of and authorises Funtopia World Australia to take all steps it considers reasonably necessary to protect his/her welfare in the event of personal injury, including the administration of any emergency medical treatment and ambulance transportation.
5. Children must be at least 1 years of age to use the facilities at Funtopia World Australia, and when less than 10 years of age, be supervised by a responsible adult. Where you are responsible for such children you agree to be bound by these conditions on their behalf and you will directly supervise them at all times.
6. Participants must be in good health and free from any adverse medical conditions. For safety reasons, pregnant women, customers with pre-existing health issues or wearing casts are not permitted on ropes course, dodgem drift cars and climbing walls. If in doubt please seek medical advice.
7. While in the Funtopia World Australia venue you consent to images and video being taken for security or promotional purposes of yourself, your children or of children for whom you are responsible.
8. All tickets remain the property of Funtopia World Australia and cannot be transferred or resold. They are valid only for the date and time booked and are void if tampered with.
9. The customer must comply with all signs or other directions of Funtopia World Australia and it may suspend or cancel the customer’s access to recreational activities at the Funtopia World Australia venue in its absolute discretion for non compliance with these conditions, or for reckless or careless conduct.
10. If you purchase a ticket for the use of the dodgem drift cars, arcade, ropes course, climbing walls, or any other facilities at the Funtopia World Australia venue on behalf of another person, you agree that you make that purchase as the authorised agent of that person so that he/she will be bound by these conditions.
11. This agreement:
a. Is governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, the Courts of which shall have exclusive jurisdiction, and
b. if any part or provision is determined by a Court to be invalid or unenforceable all other parts and provisions shall still be given full legal force and effect
1. Your order must contain your name, number, email address, credit card details and any other information required by our website. Confirmation of your order will be sent to you via email.
2. Bookings are transferable but not refundable. In order to transfer your booking, you need to contact our team 24 hours prior to the booking.
MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These are the terms and conditions (“Terms”) on which we supply Funtopia Membership Six (6) Month Membership Passes (“6 Month Pass”, “Funtopia Membership” or “Membership”) to you. Please read these Terms carefully before you order your membership.
1. Members agree to be bound by the Membership Terms & Conditions, the general Funtopia World Terms & Conditions (listed above) and any further rules and restrictions imposed by Funtopia World including Safety Terms and Conditions.
2. Funtopia Membership cards are valid for six (6) months from the date of purchase.
3. Funtopia Membership can only be used at Funtopia Maribyrnong, 98 Hampstead Road, Maidstone, VIC
4. Funtopia Membership entitles the cardholder to 6 months of:
- Unlimited Climbing World sessions (online bookings required)
- Choice of one Giant Slide or Leap of Faith jump per session
- Bookings are required in advance for all climbing world sessions as capacity is strictly limited.
- To book your climbing session, please book online and enter your membership number or call us on (03) 9317 0413
- Unlimited play in Playground World
- 10% off group or party bookings to celebrate the member’s birthday / special occasion
- The party must be held within the membership period and the member must be present for the discount to be applied.
- To book please call us on (03) 9317 0413
- 10% off food and beverages at Mr Spriggins café
- If the parent or guardian of the member is placing an order at Mr Spriggins, the member must be present at the venue. The parent will be given a special wristband upon entry to confirm the member has been identified.
5. Any offers of this membership card cannot be transferred to any other person including, but not limited to, siblings, friends, family, parents and associates. Offers only valid during membership period.
6. Only 1 membership (card) can be used per event / party / Mr Spriggins order.
7. Membership does not provide free access to other activities within the centre including, but not limited to, coin operated machines, electric cars, arcade games, air hockey table, special events and classes.
8. Membership does not guarantee entry to Funtopia Maribyrnong if the centre has reached capacity. Members are encouraged to always book sessions in advance to avoid disappointment.
9. Funtopia Maribyrnong reserves the right to vary their opening and closing times or to remove or cancel all or any part of the facilities within the venue for any reason including, but not limited to, operational reasons or special events and private functions.
10. For every ‘no show’ to a pre-booked climbing session; one (1) day will be reduced from your membership.
11. Membership cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
12. Funtopia Membership can be purchased from the front counter of Funtopia Maribyrnong. The membership is assigned to one person only and cannot be transferred. Members must provide:
- First name and surname
- Date of birth
- Residential address
- Contact telephone number
- Contact email address
- Parent’s name
- Photograph (taken on site by the Funtopia team and stored securely in our database)
Members will be issued with a member number and handed a physical Funtopia Membership Card.
13. Funtopia Members are required to carry their Membership card with them when attending Funtopia to avail of membership benefits. Members who do not carry their card with them may be required to pay our standard entry fees. A Member who loses their Funtopia Membership card will be provided with a new card upon providing Funtopia notice that the card has been misplaced and upon payment of a card replacement fee of $10. Membership cards remain the property of Funtopia and the Cardholder shall return the card if requested.
14. Funtopia Membership is strictly non-transferable; the name of the person mentioned on the membership card is entitled to use membership benefits only and cannot be transferred to another person under any circumstances. Any member found in breach of our terms and conditions will have their card cancelled immediately without any refund given.
15. Funtopia Memberships cannot be sold or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes. Members found in breach of our Terms & Conditions will have their card cancelled immediately without any refund given.
16. Funtopia Memberships cannot be cancelled or suspended. There is no refund of membership fees should you cancel or suspend your membership at any stage during the six-month period.
17. Funtopia reserves the right to cancel a member’s Funtopia Membership without a refund where that member is deemed by Funtopia to have breached these Terms & Conditions (including where that member attempts to transfer or sell their Funtopia Membership and/or associated benefits)
EATERTAINMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Offer is valid Friday and Saturday only from 4pm – 9pm
2. To enable our system to track capacity and for customers to avail of this offer, guests are required to purchase Playground World passes upon arrival. Guests will then be given a Mr Spriggins voucher to the value of their Playground World pass (i.e. $10 on Friday and $12 on Saturday). This voucher can be used to purchase food and beverages only and must be redeemed on the same day as your visit.
3. This offer is not valid if you have pre-booked your table for a party / event with us during these times
4. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers
5. Management reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions without prior notice
6. Members agree to be bound by the general Funtopia World Terms & Conditions (listed above) and any further rules and restrictions imposed by Funtopia World including Safety Terms & Conditions
PARTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Party bookings can be made in person, online and by phone. We require a $150 deposit to secure your party booking.
2. Party bookings are for a minimum of 8 children.
3. We will contact you on the Monday or Tuesday prior to your party to confirm any extras such as adult food platters, ice-cream cake and lolly bags.
4. You can adjust your numbers up to 4pm on the Wednesday prior to your party. This is the number of guests you will be expected to pay for on the day.
5. If you cancel your party more than 7 days out, you will have the choice to re-book another date (within 6 months) or use the amount of your deposit in store credit with us.
6. If you cancel within 7 days of your party, your $150 deposit will not be refunded.
PLAYGROUND WORLD SAFETY RULES
To have a funbelievable adventure in here you must follow some simple but important safety rules:
- Socks must be worn – by children & adults. This is for hygiene & safety. No bare feet or shoes. If you don’t have socks or want a cooler, grippier socks come talk to our friendly staff about your Funtopian Footwear.
- Play in the areas appropriate for you – The main playground has many different skill levels & encourages ages 2 & above for all kinds of different adventures. Our Toddler arena is designed for children younger than two years. Toddlers m play in the main playground accompanied by a parent.
- Play within your skills – If you can’t reach it or climb it, then develop your skills on attractions more suited to your age & skill level.
- Adults are Funtopians Too – Playground world doesn’t discriminate so get in & play, just be aware of small children.
- Safety on Slides – slides are downward attractions, don’t climb up. When on your slides go down feet first in a sitting position one funtopian at a time with your arms crossed on your chest.
- Loose objects & Bling (Jewelry) – empty your pockets. Sharp or loose objects can damage you, your children & the equipment. Remove loose jewelry that may catch on netting or vinyl. We don’t want you to lose it or our treasure hunting staff may score some bounty.
- No Running or Rough Play – Funtopians are our family &want to have just as much fun as you so be aware of the small children around you.
- Do Not Climb on the Outside of the Attractions – There is enough climbing inside to keep you busy & it is designed to be safe & challenging so please do not climb netting, walls & supports.
- No Gum – Stay away from sticky situations & keep your gum out of the playground.
- No Food or Drinks in Play Areas
- Wear Appropriate Clothing – hoodies & clothing with drawstrings can get caught in the play structure. We recommend you remove such items before you play.
- NO Bullying – As out of this world as our experience can be we are down to earth when it comes to bullying. Any child or adult who is observed bullying another child or adult will be asked to leave the centre. No Refunds will be provided
- Parents & Guardians (Funtopians one & all) – you are responsible for you children at ALL TIMES. Playground world provides a safe & secure Funbelievable environment to play, but it is your responsibility to be aware of your children’s location & behaviour.
If you notice anything else that brings you concern, please notify a Funtopian Staff Member.
CLIMBING WORLD SAFETY RULES
To have a funbelievable adventure in Climbing World, you must agree to follow some simple but important safety rules:
- Please do not help yourself to a harness unless instructed by a Funtopia team member. We need to ensure your harness is the correct size for you and safe to be used.
- Please ensure that your harness is at belly button height, on tight and the correct way around with the black loop in front. Please approach a team member to double check your harness and ask for a helmet if you wish to wear one.
- Do not enter climbing arena unless you have had a full safety briefing.
- Do not enter climbing arena if you are pregnant or suffer from any physical injury or disability. Notify our staff and we will assist you and make sure it is safe for you to climb.
- Do not enter climbing without permission from a Funtopia staff member. Please get the attention of a staff member to recheck you in before you re-enter. This is to ensure your harness is on correctly.
- Once a Funtopian staff member has checked your harness and given you access to the arena then you are ready to climb. Approach the yellow gate in front of the wall. Clip your harness into the self-clip in device. If you have done so correctly, the gate should drop.
- We’re here to help! If you are struggling, unsure, or need motivation to climb then raise your hand in the air to grab the attention of a staff member to securely lock you in and support you on your climb.
- Check that the self clip-in device is closed and secure. You are now ready to climb. Remember to believe in yourself and achieve FUNbeliveable things.
- When you are climbing and feel you are ready to jump off the wall, please check below and ensure there is no one standing below. When safe to do, so push back off the wall with hands and feet and continue to do so until the self-descending system has safely lowered you to ground level.
- Simply connect the key back to the self-clip in device and off you go to the next wall.
- If there is no yellow gate up against the wall, this means that someone is already climbing this wall. Please step back and wait for them to finish their climb
- Please ensure you are properly dressed for climbing. No lanyards or chains around your neck. Close toed shoes are a must.
- Always be aware of climbers above your head that may be coming down.